Why use ExpoFP interactive floor plans?
How are you different from the competition?
- There are about 10 years that separate the technology of our floor plans and those of our competitors. The result is a faster, smoother experience with a contemporary design. The difference is especially pronounced when you use it on your phone.
- Costs — we are significantly cheaper (pricing) or free.
- Our plans are optimized for automated booth reservations. Let exhibitors reserve or actually pay for booths, packages, and extras right on the floor plan.
- You can make money — something we share with the best of competition is the ability for you to generate extra revenue from Featured listings and ads.
- Everything is easier. This includes no login necessary to bookmark a booth, exhibitors using auto-login links to fill their profile and buy extras, and organizers adding, deleting, and moving booths themselves in FP Designer.
Why do I need an interactive floor plan if I have a PDF/image already?
- Automate booth reservations — let exhibitors see booth dimensions, prices, and other companies’ names right on the floor plan in real time. Assign exhibitors to booths or let them reserve them by themselves and see instant changes on floor plan.
- Sell booths and extras — anywhere there's Internet, right from the floor plan.
- Make extra money selling floor plan ads and Featured listings.
- Work less — exhibitors can auto-login and edit their own company profile.
- You can use our FP Designer to make instant changes to the floor plan yourself.
- Last, but not least, you'll have happy attendees because they can search for companies, booths, or categories; see where they are located; read their profiles; and bookmark favorites.
What can users do with a floor plan?
- Zoom-in to see details within a booth.
- Search by company, booth, and category.
- See exhibitor company profiles.
- Bookmark a company to plan the visit (no login required).
- Exhibitors can reserve a booth and edit their company profile themselves.
Can I use it in my app or as an info kiosk screen?
The floor plan can be exported into a collection of HTML files. Since you can easily open HTML in any browser, it is simple to run the floor plain as an info kiosk. And if your app can run HTML, you can integrate the floor plan into it.
Do you have an exhibitors' directory?
In ExpoFP, an exhibitors' directory is integrated with the floor plan. Some companies create directories separate from the floor plan because they can not fit full company information or make search flexible enough while on a floor plan. We have resolved all of these issues and have great-looking company profiles (even on mobile) along with the floor plans.
Selling/reserving booths, extras, and ads
How do I start selling booths?
Check "Show Buy button" on the main expo page to allow booth sales. Or check "Show Reserve button" if you want to collect the payments later and just use the floor plan for reservations. See Booth reservation/purchase process for details.
How does the booth purchase process go?
Here's a post, with images, that describes every step in the booth purchase process.
Can I use your system for reservations only, but collect the payments myself?
Yes. You have an option for each available booth to display a "Buy" and/or "Reserve" button.
How do I integrate it with my website for automated booth reservation?
Here's a typical automated booth reservation scenario:
- Client visits the "For exhibitors" section on your website.
- Client clicks on the "Select a booth" button and gets redirected to the floor plan.
- Client selects a booth and clicks on the "Reserve" or "Buy" button.
- Client submits the basic company information and, if "Buy" was clicked, the credit card info.
- Client gets redirected back to your website with details such as company name, contact name, phone, email, booth number(s), extras/add-ons (if any), paid or reserved status, cost for every line item, and total.
- Your website records this information, emails customer an invoice, and completes other required exhibitor registration steps.
How do I sell extras/add-ons/options like tables, scanners, and ads?
Go to the Extras page in your Control Panel to add items that exhibitors would buy in addition to booths. Exhibitors can also buy extras later. You can allow the sale of multiple items (like chairs) or just one (like a floor plan ad).
How do I send a link to all exhibitors to buy extras?
Go to the exhibitors page in your control panel and click "Export.' In that file there's an "Auto-login link" column. Send a link to every exhibitor (using any mass-mail service) with instructions to go to their profile page and press the "+Add stands/extras" button. More about auto-login.
How do I sell floor plan ads and Featured listings?
Set up the prices for floor plan ads and Featured listings on the Extras page. Exhibitors would buy them the same way as any other "Extra."
How do I setup different booth pricing types?
To setup different booth pricing types such as Premium, Bronze, Silver, or Gold, go to the "Booth types" and set price and "available booth text color" for each booth type. More about Booth Colors.
What are the transaction fees?
There is no fee from ExpoFP if you use your own payment processor such as Authorize.NET, PayPal, or Stripe (we will be adding new ones). There is a 3.9% fee if you use ExpoFP as your payment processor. See pricing for the latest price.
Initial floor plan setup
How do I start?
Click "Order" on the home page, select a domain for your map, submit payment, upload an image or PDF of a floor plan, fill out a few fields with basic info about the event, and upload an Excel file with booths and exhibitors if you want us to load this info. In less than a week, we'll have your floor plan ready.
How do I upload booths and exhibitors?
After you order a floor plan, it will prompt you to upload the booths and exhibitors file and that page will have the detailed instructions on what needs to be done. This is basically a one-time data load that we do for you, so you don't need to enter the data by hand.
Can I add a seminar or a meeting space with a schedule?
Yes. Add a booth space, then mark it as "Special (seminar room)." You will have the "Title" field to enter the seminar title and the "Description" field where you could add the schedule.
What customization or branding options are available?
We will use your logo and link it to your event home page, as seen on the demo floor plan. All of the colors could be customized.
How do I integrate the floor plan with my website?
Your floor plan will be hosted by expofp.com and accessible via a link like https://myevent.expofp.com. The simplest integration is to add a "Floor Plan" button to the home page of your website or a "Floor Plan" menu item redirecting users to the floor plan.
Can I use my own domain name for accessing the floor plan?
If you want, you can create a CNAME record like myevent.mydomain.com pointing to https://myevent.expofp.com. See pricing for fees.
Can I have the floor plan integrated within my own page on my website (in iframe)?
No. The floor plan is designed to look great on phones — map at the top, list of exhibitors below it, and a lot of fancy extras to make it feel like an app. If it was integrated inside your website, all of it would be broken. When users link to a floor plan, your event name is part of the URL, the floor plan shows your logo when the menu is open, and it has "Event Home" as a first link in the menu. All of this is enough for users not to get lost and to be able to return to the main website whenever they want.
Does ExpoFP provide a technical floor plan?
No, these are two separate things. Our floor plans are for exhibitors to reserve their booths and for attendees to find the exhibitors. Their focus is on the location of booths, meeting rooms and on the exhibitor details. Other than that they may be interested in the location of the restrooms, stairs, elevators, handicap access and pillars and we display all. But other technical details would be just a distraction for them, so we don't go into what's behind the curtains. If you need a CAD-like drawing that shows ducts/services/venue hatching - you need to do it separately. And if you need booths there - just insert an image with booths from ExpoFP floor plan into your CAD.
OK, ExpoFP is done creating my floor plan. What's next?
Next step - login to your control panel https://expofp.com/client and click on your event name. From there you should:
- Add existing exhibitors (if any). Or better yet, send them "auto-login" links to allow editing their company profiles themselves (more about auto-login)
- Assign exhibitors to booths
- if you want to allow exhibitors to reserve booths (recommended) - click the “Show Reserve button” checkbox
- If you want to automate selling booths and “Extras” like scanners and tables - click the “Show Buy button” checkbox
- Generate extra revenue by selling “Featured listing” & “Floor plan ads” (more details)
Once you are happy with the floor plan, add a “Floor Plan” link to the menu of the main event website. You can also add a “Floor Plan” button to your home page.
Working with the floor plan
How do I modify the floor plan?
You use FP Designer to add, delete, color, and move booths around. And you get access to the event control panel where you add exhibitors, associate them with booths, and do everything else related to your event.
How can I let exhibitors edit their company profiles themselves?
It is a major time-saver when you allow exhibitors to edit their own profiles. When users open a company profile on the floor plan, there's a small "Edit" icon. If clicked, we send exhibitors an email with the auto-login link. The same link is available in the control panel when you edit an exhibitor and is shown to the exhibitor after booth purchase. More about auto-login.
How does the sync between booths in FP Designer and in Control Panel work?
We are currently working on a seamless sync so it wouldn't matter where you add or delete a booth. For now if you add a booth in FP Designer, you also need to add a booth with the same name in Control Panel. Deleting also should be done in two places. Again, this is only temporary and will be simplified soon.
Can I create booths in bulk?
Sure. In FP Designer you can copy and paste blocks of booths. And if you want to name them correctly, there's the "Fill booth names" button on the FP toolbar — you set the name of the first booth, such as H101, then click on other booths and they automatically continue the sequence: H102, H103, etc.
Can I display some of the exhibitors more prominently than others?
Yes, if you mark exhibitors as “Featured,” they will be shown at the top of the search or category and formatted more prominently. If you mark exhibitors as "Show floor plan ad," their logo will be shown above the floor plan. You can set up prices for these features and allow exhibitors to purchase them (more details).
How reliable are your servers?
Your floor plan will be hosted on Amazon AWS with the CloudFront content delivery network. This is physically separate from ExpoFP.com website. This gives you 99.99% floor plan uptime guarantee. If you have made a mistake - no problem, we save all of the previous floor plan versions and we will roll back to the working version for you.
Can I re-use the same sub-domain name for the floor plan?
No. Each event should have a unique domain name. We recommend using domains that contain the year, such as myexpo2019.expofp.com.
How can a user move bookmarked companies between different devices?
Click on the "Share" link next to "Bookmarks." It will copy a link. Send this link to your other device and click on it. It will import all of the bookmarks from the first device.