Why use ExpoFP interactive floor plans?
How are you different from competition?
- There's about 10 years that separates the technology of our floor plans and competitors. Result - faster, smoother experience with a contemporary design. The difference especially pronounces when you use on the phones.
- Costs - we are significantly cheaper.
- Optimized for automated booth reservations. Let exhibitors reserve or actually pay for booths, packages and extras right on the floor plan.
- Make money - not much different from the best of competition as far as generating extra revenue for featured listing and ads.
- Everything is easier. Like no login necessary to bookmark a booth. Exhibitors use auto-login links to fill their profile and buy extras. Organizers add, delete, move booths themselves in FP designer.
Why do I need an interactive floor plan if I have a PDF/image already?
- Automate booth reservations - Let exhibitors see booth dimensions, prices, and other companies’ names right on the floor plan in real time. Assign exhibitors to booths or let them reserve themselves and see instant change on floor plan.
- Sell booths & extras — sell anywhere there's Internet right from the floor plan
- Make extra money selling floor plan ads and Featured listings
- Work less — exhibitors can auto-login and edit their own company profile
- You can use our FP Designer to make instant changes to the floor plan yourself
- Last, but not least, you'll have happy attendees because they can search for companies, booths, or categories, see where they are located, read their profiles, and bookmark favorites
What can users do with a floor plan?
- Zoom-in to see details within a booth
- Search by company, booth, and category
- See exhibitor company profiles
- Bookmark a company to plan the visit (no login required)
- Exhibitors can reserve a booth and edit their company profile themselves
Can I use it in my app or as an info kiosk screen?
The floor plan can be exported into a collection of HTML files. Since you can easily open HTML in any browser, it is simple to run the floor plain as an info kiosk. And if you app can run HTML, you can integrate the floor plain into it.
Do you have an exhibitors' directory?
In ExpoFP an exhibitors' directory is integrated with the floor plan. Some companies create directories separate from the floor plan because they can not fit full company information or make search flexible enough while on a floor plan. We have resolved all of these issues and have great-looking (even on mobile) company profiles along with the floor plans.
Selling/Reserving booths, extras, and ads
How do I start selling booths?
Check "Sell booths" on the main expo page to allow booth sales.
How does the booth purchase process go?
Here's a post with images that describes every step in the booth purchase process.
Can I use your system for reservations only, but collect the payments myself?
Yes. You have an option for each available booth to display a Buy and/or Reserve button.
How to integrate with my website for automated booth reservation?
Here's a typical automated booth reservation scenario:
- Client visits "For exhibitors" section on your website
- Client clicks on "Select a booth" button and gets redirected to the floor plan
- Client selects a booth and clicks on Reserve or Buy button
- Client submits the basic company information and (if Buy was clicked) the credit card info.
- Client gets redirected back to your website with details like company name, contact name, phone, email, booth number(s), extras/add-ons (if any), if paid or reserved, cost for every line item and total
- Your website records this information, emails customer an invoice and completes other required exhibitor registration steps
How do I sell extras/add-ons/options like tables, scanners, and ads?
Go to the Extras page in your Control Panel to add items that exhibitors would buy in addition to booths. Exhibitors can also buy extras later. You can allow the sale of multiple items (like chairs) or just one (like a floor plan ad).
How to send a link to all exhibitors to buy extras?
Go to exhibitors page in your control panel, click Export - in that file there's an "Auto-login link" column. Send a links to every exhibitor (using any mass-mail service) with instructions to go to their profile page and press "+Add stands/extras" button. More about auto-login.
How do I sell floor plan ads and Featured listings?
Set up the prices for Floor Plan Ads & Features on the Extras page. Exhibitors would buy them the same way as any other "Extra."
How do I setup different booth pricing types?
To setup different booth pricing types like Premium, Bronze, Silver, or Gold, go to the "Booth types" and set price and "available booth text color" for each booth type. More about Booth Colors.
What are the transaction fees?
There is no fee from ExpoFP if you use your own payment processor like Authorize.NET, PayPal, or Stripe (we will be adding new ones). There is a 3.9% fee if you use ExpoFP as your payment processor. See pricing for the latest price.
Initial floor plan setup
How do I start?
Click Order on the home page, select a domain for your map, submit payment, upload an image of PDF of a floor plan, fill out a few fields with basic info about the event, and upload an Excel file with booths and exhibitors if you want us to load this info. In a couple of days we'll have your floor plan ready.
How do I upload booths and exhibitors?
After you order a floor plan, it will prompt you to upload the booths and exhibitors file and that page will have the detailed instructions on what needs to be done. This is basically a one-time data load that we do for you, so you don't need to enter the data by hand.
Can I add a seminar or a meeting space with a schedule?
Yes. Add a booth space, then mark it as "Special (seminar room)." You will have the "Title" field to enter the seminar title and the "Description" field where you could add the schedule.
What customization or branding options are available?
We will use your logo and link it to your event home page, as seen on the demo floor plan. All of the colors could be customized.
How to integrate the floor plan with my website?
Your floor plan will be hosted by expofp.com and accessible via a link like https://myevent.expofp.com. The simplest integration is to add a "Floor Plan" button to the home page of your website or a "Floor plan" menu item redirecting users to the floor plan.
Can I have the floor plan integrated within my own page on my website (in iframe)?
No. The floor plan is designed to look great on phones — map at the top, list of exhibitors below it, and a lot of fancy extras to make it feel like an app. If it was integrated inside your website, all of it would be broken. When users link to a floor plan, your event name is part of the URL, the floor plan shows your logo when the menu is open, and it has "Event Home" as a first link in the menu. All of this is enough for users not to get lost and to be able to return to the main website whenever they want.
Working with the floor plan
How do I modify the floor plan?
You use FP Designer to add, delete, color, and move booths around. And you get access to the event control panel where you add exhibitors, associate them with booths, and do everything else related to your event.
How can I let exhibitors to edit their company profiles themselves?
This is a major time-saver when you allow exhibitors to edit their own profiles. When users open company profile on the floor plan, there's a small icon "Edit". If clicked - we send exhibitors an email with auto-login link. The same link is available in the control panel when you edit exhibitor and is shown to exhibitor after booth purchase. More about auto-login.
How does the sync between booths in FP Designer and in Control Panel work?
We are currently working on a seamless sync so it wouldn't matter where you add or delete a booth. For now if you add a booth in FP Designer, you also need to add a booth with the same name in Control Panel. Deleting also should be done in two places. Again, this is only temporary and will be simplified soon.
Can I create booths in bulk?
Sure. In FP designer you can copy and paste blocks of booths. And if you want to name them correctly, there's "Fill booth names" button on the FP toolbar - you set the name of the 1st booth like H101, then click on booths and they get names like H101, H102...
Can I display some of the exhibitors more prominently than others?
Yes, if you mark exhibitors as “Featured,” they will be shown at the top of the search or category and formatted more prominently. If you mark exhibitors as "Show floor plan ad," their logo will be shown above the floor plan. You can set up prices for these features and allow exhibitors to purchase them (more details).
How reliable are your servers?
Your floor plan will be hosted on Amazon AWS with the CloudFront content delivery network. This guarantees storage of any size floor plan, even as your event gets bigger every year. In addition, we will always have a backup server ready.
Can I use the same domain each year?
No. Each event should have a unique domain. We recommend using domains that contain the year, such as myexpo2019.expofp.com. But you can reuse the map for the second year. When you create a floor plan, you will have an option to create it based on the previous floor plan — this will copy the data.
How can a user move bookmarked companies between different devices?
Click on the "Share" link next to the "Bookmarks." It will copy a link. Send this link to your other device and click on it. It will import all of the bookmarks from the first device.