Booth reservation/purchase process
This describes how to allow exhibitors reserve or buy a booth and what exhibitors see during the process
In order to see a "Reserve" button in available booths, organizers need to check "Show Reserve button" in Dashboard > Your Event. To have a "Buy" button - check "Show Buy button" (this option is not available on free plans).
Then, when an exhibitor selects an available booth on the floor plan, they will see the "Reserve" and/or "Buy" button.
For the "Buy" button to be shown in an available booth, all of the below requirements must be met:
- Organizer should have a subscription to the Paid plan with “Let exhibitors pay with a credit card online” add-on
- "Show Buy button" option on Dashboard is ON
- The Booth has a price set (or has a booth type with price per sq ft set)
- The payment processor is selected (Menu > Payment Settings)
You can select to collect full payment or down-payment as a % from total or as a fixed price - this can be set in Dashboard > "Booth Reservation Options".
An exhibitor clicks the "Buy" button and goes to a checkout page like below. Note that in addition to buying a booth, an exhibitor has an option to buy extras like tables, scanners, etc. — you can add these on the Extras page in Organizer’s Control Panel.
If "Reserve" button is clicked, the same information is shown, just no credit card information requested.
Once the information is entered and the user clicks the "Buy stand" button, they receive the following message:
We also send an email like this to the exhibitor and a copy to the organizer (you can modify the template in Advanced Settings):
We have received the payment of [$NN] for booth [XYZ], thank you!
Your purchase receipt is attached.
Next step - please auto-login and complete your company profile
We attach a PDF of the purchase receipt listing the organizing company, exhibitor company, date, booth, extras (if any), and the amount received - more details here. Note that it is not an actual invoice and does not have an invoice number — it is your responsibility as the organizer to send the exhibitor a proper invoice.
At this point a new exhibitor was created and associated with the booth. The exhibitor is encouraged (in both the success message and the purchase receipt email) to auto-login and complete their profile. The auto-login link gives exhibitors access to edit their company profile — they can edit their profile, description, logo, contact info, and social media accounts. The link is supposed to be kept secret. It does not allow the user to change a booth or delete a profile. The auto-login link is available on "Edit exhibitor" page. You can also export this field to Excel on the Exhibitors page.
Exhibitors can also buy additional booths, advertisements, or extras from the auto-login page. The checkout process in this case is identical to buying a booth.
How do I integrate it with my website for automated booth reservation?
Here's a typical automated booth reservation scenario:
- Client visits the "For exhibitors" section on your website.
- Client clicks on the "Select a booth" or "Floor plan" link or button and gets redirected to the floor plan.
- Client selects a booth and clicks on the "Reserve" or "Buy" button.
- Client submits the basic company information and, if "Buy" was clicked, the credit card info.
- By default the client gets redirected to "Edit my profile page". Optionally they can be redirected back to your website with details such as company name, contact name, phone, email, booth number(s), extras/add-ons (if any), paid or reserved status, cost for every line item, and total.
- Your website records this information, emails customer an invoice, and completes other required exhibitor registration steps.
You can change your payment processor on the Payment gateway page in your Organizer’s Control Panel.